Table of Contents
Are you considering starting a vacation rental business or want to maximize the exposure of your current short-term rental business? Then you’re in the right place.
Come with us as we take you on a journey to Paradise! We’re going on a road trip to Singer Island, (AKA) the Gateway to the Caribbean, to help our client Kimberly Hoskin from Blue Water Cove.
She recently invested in a short-term rental business on the island and has been heavily reliant on third-party listings like Airbnb, Booking.com, and VRBO.
In this episode of Vacation Rental Rescue, we share the risks hosts face when they rely solely on third-party listing sites and initiate solutions to help them take control of their vacation rental business. Watch the episode below!
Starting a Vacation Rental Business: Ep 1. “The Arrival”
Why You Should Encourage Guests to “Book Direct”
If you’re starting a vacation rental business or looking to increase the visibility of your vacation rentals, you know that marketing is key to attracting potential guests.
However, when starting a vacation rental business, many hosts rely solely on third-party booking platforms like Airbnb, VRBO, or Booking.com.
While these platforms can certainly bring in bookings, relying solely on them is not the best way to maximize your short-term rental return.
Instead of solely relying on third-party booking platforms, we recommend implementing a book-direct strategy to attract and persuade guests to book directly with you. It’s a win-win!
Doing so allows you to gain more control over your bookings, reduce fees, and build stronger relationships with your guests while creating a safety net for your vacation rental business.
In this video, Jay William shares the essential first steps to successfully starting a vacation rental business. You’ll learn how to gain control over your bookings right from the start, reduce fees, and improve visibility to potential guests.
Why it’s Important to Take Control of Your Vacation Rental Business.
Here are some of the main problems with relying solely on third-party listing sites for your vacation rental business:
- High fees: Third-party listing sites charge high commission fees, sometimes up to 20%, which can result in lower ROI for hosts and owners.
- Loss of control: Third-party listing sites retain control of the customer and their data, making it difficult for hosts or owners to develop a direct relationship with their guests.
- It’s risky business: Relying solely on third-party listing sites puts hosts at risk of losing control of their business.
- Limitations: Third-party listing sites have their own set of rules and limitations, which may not align with the needs and goals of hosts and owners.
- Branding: Third-party listing sites don’t allow for much customization or branding, making it difficult for hosts and owners to differentiate themselves in a crowded market.
Discover the Secrets to Starting a Vacation Rental Business!
We’ll teach you how to:
- Increase the perceived value of your vacation rental by up to 50%.
- How to generate up to 40% more bookings on platforms like Airbnb and VRBO.
- How to increase the value of your vacation rental brand
- The first steps to starting a vacation rental business and marketing it online
- We’ll share the common guest complaints and how to avoid them and negative reviews.
Putting Vacation back into Vacation Rental Marketing.
On the show, we’re taking you on an immersive travel journey and sharing expert vacation rental marketing tips, strategies, and techniques to help you succeed in the short-term rental industry.
The show’s format is an original concept for the vacation rental industry, teaching hosts on location in a real-life scenario with real owners facing common problems.
You’ll be transported to a tropical oasis and experience it all from a traveler’s perspective. With Singer Island’s beautiful scenery and rich culture, this is a journey you don’t want to miss.
Starting a Vacation Rental Business The Right Way!
Join Jay William in each episode of Vacation Rental Rescue as we take you on a journey of discovery and teach you new lessons on how to run a successful vacation rental business.
From the first steps to developing a comprehensive vacation rental marketing campaign, we’ll provide tips, strategies, and techniques to help you increase demand, rates, and occupancy rates while reducing fees and taking control of your business.
Watch as we help our clients overcome real-life challenges and provide the insights and tools they need to succeed in the short-term rental industry.
And at the finale of the series, we’ll bring it all together and show you how to achieve a successful vacation rental marketing campaign with real-world results and receipts.
Subscribe to the Villa Marketers YouTube channel today, and don’t miss out on valuable tips and advice to help you succeed in the short-term rental industry!
If you need help with marketing and starting a vacation rental business or would like to be featured on Vacation Rental Rescue, get in touch with us.